In the past, I recommended importing your blog via the Facebook Notes feature. Don’t do that. The Notes import has become buggy and slow. It’s a much easier setup but the blog post won’t show up for days and that’s annoying. **Update: Facebook Notes is now completely disabled – making Networked Blogs a better choice.
What I recommend now is the Networked Blogs application within Facebook. Here are some of the great features that I like about Networked Blogs:
- Any new blog post you have is automatically posted on your profile wall or fan page wall (you have to set them up separately) and sent out to your friends or fans news feeds.
- The post look nice on your wall. The thumbnail shows your your blog or a picture from the post itself.
- You can find your Facebook friend’s blogs easily and follow them.
- You can invite your Facebook friends to follow your blog
- You can repost a blog post easily from the status bar
The setup is not bad, a little confusing sometimes, but that’s why I make a video tutorial for you. You will need to post some code onto your blog temporarily to verify that it’s your blog. Watch the video to see some of the tips and tricks on setting it up. You can go directly to the application here: http://apps.facebook.com/blognetworks/
To use the Syndicate feature to post automatically, just go to the Syndicate area:
But be careful because Networked Blogs and other third party apps are sometimes hidden in the Facebook News Feed so you may want to post your blog post manually to your Facebook Page so people don’t miss it.
Hope this helps and make sure you follow my blog posts by putting your name and e-mail in the right side of this page or clicking on the RSS feed symbol.