Yeeha! I got to interview the fabulous Ian Cleary at #NMX. This guy knows his tools.
He gave a fantastic presentation about the best tools to be using during content creation, how to use tools to help you find keywords, and tools to make sharing your content easier. Some of my favorite tools that I took away from his presentation are:
- Social Crawlytics: This tool lets you see what content is most shared on your competitors sites (and also your own site) so you can see what you should be writing about.
- Topsy: Find out which sites have the most links to them around a particular topic or keyword. You can also find out cool things like top content on Twitter around a certain topic
- SEMRush: I did not know about this tool and it’s wonderful! You can see exactly which keywords are getting traffic on your competitors sites.
- Canva: This has been one of my favorite tools for creating shareable images. I’m not a designer and even I can create professional-looking images. It’s still in Beta right now but get on the list to get an invite.
- SocialOomph: I’ve known about this tool but the feature I forgot about is the queue reservoir to easily tweet out evergreen content with several different messages. Love that!
- Open Site Explorer: This tool by Moz is really handy to analyze both your own site with page authority and rank but also compare your site to your competitors.
You can get a complete list of Ian’s tools on his recap of his presentation – Blogging Tools: 15 Tools to Become a More Productive and Effective Blogger. But before you go over there and check it out, take a look at my interview with him – we had a blast!